In India, a fairly well-developed automotive industry, with the majority of vehicles (Overloaded Vehicles in China) do not differ much from the production of European or East Asian manufacturers. It even produced electric vehicles with solar panels.
But, of course, still retained a lot of unusual and archaic vehicles, by whom it was impossible to pass indifferently. A selection of India vehicle in today’s post.
Photos and text by danlux
Vehicles in India:
1. Indian train locomotive which could appear in “Mad Max”: the appearance is very severe.
2. Not the best way cars look, especially the lowest class: no glass in the windows, but the lattice. Natural cattle. On the Indian train, we, unfortunately, did not go.
3. As the train looks quite scary school bus.
4. A particularly ugly school buses.
5. School buses paint the hand.
6. Trucks. They are usually very brightly decorate. Two identical trucks to meet the impossible.
8. But inside the cab trucks look like something modest. They do not decorate portraits of naked women do not hang out.
9. It is interesting, but too scary looking truck-trailers. They are similar to containers, very high and extremely high volume.
11. Quite often, truck wagon box protrudes above the cabin.
12. Indian tank as it coerced by the center.
13. Vehicle Mahindra «Legend» is similar to the American Willis and Philippine Jeepneys.
15. The present king of Indian roads – the car Hindustan «Ambassador». This car was produced from 1957 to 2014 without any significant changes and improvements. This car is often used as a taxi.
16. Nice car. Especially good «Ambassador» looks among the colonial architecture of Delhi.
17. In rural areas, you can find home-made trucks.
18. These trucks are made almost entirely of wood.
19. The hood is always without cover.
20. The motor vehicle is used for homemade or generator or motor pump.
21. The auto-rickshaw, or tuk-tuk. Something between a car and a motorcycle.
22. Tuk-tuks are equipped with taximeter, which, however, never work. The price is usually negotiated before the trip. Pay attention to the design brush wiper.
23. Repair of fat-fat. The engine capacity of 200 blocks located at the rear.
25. Three-wheeled truck Mahindra «Shampion.”
27. rickshaws – the lowest caste of transport. Rickshaw ride will cost much cheaper than tuk-tuk and the more taxis. The main disadvantage – low speed. Pedicab drivers are very intrusive, but despite this, on such transport, we never hire – thin emaciated men were very sorry. On the streets, who have even a slight rise, they have slazit the saddle and pull a rickshaw on foot.
28. Often there are rickshaws for freight. And on the streets costs a lot of trucks, which account for harness oneself in itself.
29. Related trolley cars used in China, but there they were pushed back, and India are pulling for him.
30. Motorcycles are very common – most are small mopeds, motorcycles are less common.
31. Motorcycles virtually all Chinese and Japanese production. In India, it is often subject to a small upgrade – as the backrest is mounted vertically behind the wheel with spokes filed down.
32. Bicycles. They are not very much, all old and rusty, reminiscent of Soviet “Ural” or “Sputnik”. All bikes and fasten the same design steps. Mounted on it is always the hub of the rear wheel.
33. Of course, used and cartage. Buffaloes harnessed to carts, which are used for the production of wheels from under the tractor.
36. Indian elephant. In the cart it is not usually harnessed.
37. Even leaving India at the airport Indira Gandhi suddenly saw antediluvian Boeing 707 (K-2899) of the Indian Air Force. Machine 1968 release and is still in service. Very rare beast .