Who most likes to smoke? In our rating we give information on the number of cigarettes smoked per capita. Think only adults.
Check out previous posts on Photo Vide:
Top 10 Most Smoking Countries:
10. Montenegro, 2157 cigarettes per year. In Montenegro, there are strict rules that prohibit smoking in public places. But only indoors. If not four walls, smoke on health. So that smokers do not feel infringement of their rights.
9. Belarus, 2266 cigarettes per year. In Belarus, the authorities have set strict supervision over the market of tobacco products. And limited production of cigarettes, which in 2013 could exceed 33 billion pieces. Well, this amount is sufficient that the country has taken one of the top positions in the world ranking smoking nations.
8. Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2278 cigarettes per year. It is believed that the Balkans – one of the smokers of the world. Like Montenegrins residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina did not smoke less, after the authorities introduced new regulations banning smoking in public places. Does not really matter who you are – Bosniak, Serb or Croat. Be prepared for the fact that there are smoking everything, even the doctor while taking patients.
7. Slovenia, 2369 cigarettes per year. In Slovenia, you can not smoke in any public places, including at work. As in most countries, cigarettes are not sold citizen under 18. Official statistics says that smoking in recent years become a little less, but the result – 2369 cigarettes per year for each adult – is still impressive.
6. Ukraine, 2401 cigarettes per year. First, the Ukrainian authorities have banned smoking in educational institutions and hospitals, and then expanded the ban, and now the law is similar to what we see in most European countries: in restaurants and cafes in the buildings of state agencies and other public places you can not smoke. So the state is trying to limit the appetite of smokers, but until the country rankings on the sixth line.
5. Moldova, 2479 cigarettes per year. Moldova has very strict laws on the use of tobacco products. No smoking not only in enclosed public places, but also in those who have not let the four, but still has a certain number of walls. You can not smoke and is outdoors, if they belong to an educational or medical institutions. You can not smoke in public transport. All this helps to contain the spread of tobacco products, but the situation has not fundamentally changed.
4. Russia, 2786 cigarettes per year. Russia has long remained one of the few countries where smoking was allowed virtually everywhere. Recall that Soviet authorities preferred to outright bans the promotion of healthy lifestyles. In 2013 it was decided to ban smoking in certain types of public places, then came the warning labels and images on cigarette packs. Now you can not smoke in restaurants and cafes.
3. Greece, 2795 cigarettes per year. Greece – the most smoking country of the European Union. There have been several attempts to introduce anti-smoking laws, but in vain. Even the latest version of the ban on smoking in public places nobody scared. According to international regulators, regulations Greek authorities simply are not enforced, and violations almost nobody watches. The result – one of the first places in our rankings.
2. Bulgaria, 2822 cigarettes per year. In 2010, the Bulgarian authorities have banned smoking in certain types of public places, except for bars, restaurants and clubs. But it was not enough to change the habits of the population. Now in any enclosed public places you can not smoke. Interestingly, in the list of sports stadiums appear separately. Well, Bulgarians still smoked cigarettes in 2822 a year per capita.
1. Serbia, 2869 cigarettes per year. Again, the Balkans, and the tradition of smoking again anytime and anywhere. In Serbia, there are very strict law that bans smoking in all enclosed public places and in public necessarily implies a division into smoking and no smoking zones. There are heavy penalties for breaking the rules, but Serbs still smoke and give first place to another country, it seems, are not going to.