Says Alex, aka mechanismone: “RV, Recreational Vehicle or mobile home is as old as old and car. Stories of the first homes for over 100 years. According to the DOT on U.S. roads today are 8.2 million homes for all types each year, on average, motorhome goes way to 7500 km, while on a trip 28 days.
Today I will talk about mobile homes, their stories, and I will show you their internal structures. ”
1. All the houses are divided into four major groups – self-propelled, semi-trailers, bumper, trailer, and stationary (these are installed on top of the pick-up). In turn, each of the classes includes many subclasses, by weight, finishing materials, number of axles, length and so on.
2. Here is the trailer truck. Almost all of them are moved through a variety of pick-up trucks. F150 – the leader among pickups, so it most often is in the frame. Large-sized trailers are no longer under the 1500 series power vans, so they carried “heavy artillery” in the form of a series of 2500 and 3500.
3. By the way, saddle coupling is of two types, the hinge (trailer with a hitch that’s clinging to the hinge, mounted in the back of a pickup truck), and saddle (a mini version of a conventional saddle trailer hitch, requiring extra saddle connectors in the back of a pickup truck).
4. Propelled homes more expensive in price, but are better suited to long journeys for several months.
5. Actually, back to the story. The first house on wheels was made in 1910 by Touring Landau.
6. This trailer was a small booth on the same axis, which could attach to the car. In the booth, as a coach, there were two benches, folding rear bench seatback and had a flick of the wrist turned into a bed, under the front bench was a toilet and wash basin. No frills, but a house on wheels.
7. After a few years, several companies, noting the demand for these products, began to produce and offer customers their homes. Note the gas fireplace.
8. Gradually the cars became more and more reliable and sophisticated, but also designs homes are not kept up with a car design. RV manufacturers have tried to take into account all of the latest hot trends and desires of our customers, today, their design does not stand still and keeps up with the times.
9. By the way, the very first club fans to travel in motor homes, appeared in 1919 and by 1930 there were more than 150,000 people.
10. So, we have a look-ka in a typical automotive camper, made on the basis of Ford E-250.
11. In today’s homes on wheels has everything: kitchen, shower, toilet, shower, washing machine, clothes dryer, sofa, chairs, dining table, bedroom, TV, microwave, internet and … and the list could go on and on. On the outside of a tent.
12. The back of the house-bus: toilet, wash basin on the right, to the left of the door – a shower.
13. The number of thoughtful detail never ceases to amaze and delight. For example, the sink (by the way, are two of them, as in all the kitchens in the U.S.) are closed on top, making a rack in a large table, convenient for cooking. Stove also closed the lid. All gas hob, 3-4 burners, an oven and without, in fact, anything from home plate, they do not differ. This house is worth $ 67,950. It’s not expensive, for example, BMW M3 in luxury equipment costs the same.
14. Now we go to a posh house, which is a full-size bus. This RV will cost you $ 167,495 he made in 2011, so sold at a discount, the original price was $ 182,995.
15. Assembled this bus-based Ford, length 12 m, weight – 16 tons. It installed a diesel engine Ford Triton V10, 362 hp power, which has the power generator for all communications within also installed a small gasoline generator, designed for sites with no external power connection. This keeps the main diesel generator from unnecessary wear and tear, and with it quieter inside.
16. The view from the driver’s seat. On the left is a full kitchen, which includes: a microwave dish with a diameter of 80 cm (1000 W), full gas stove 3 burners with no oven though, double sink with mixer at one of the sinks. On the right is a table for dinner, left visible piece of the sofa, which was not included in the frame. And, of course, the TV, where without it?
17. The kitchen is a close-up. Here I removed the lid from the stove and sink. There are a lot of lockers for utensils and products, they are closed by a taut spring, so that during the spontaneous cabinet doors will not open.
18. Slowly move on. Behind the kitchen and dining room complete with a conditional pass is in the bedroom, which is tucked away on the left of gluttons double door refrigerator. He knows how to make the ice and has a water filter.
19. Of the refrigerator is a toilet, and after him – the washing machine and tumble dryer.
20. On the contrary of all this are a shower and a washbasin. Well, for me – the bedroom.
21. Actually, that’s it. Behind the mirror on the left – Walk-in closet. And around – the realm of any lockers for socks and more.
22. Place Pilot RV. Besides the basic bells and whistles, there is a satellite dish, Internet, cable TV (which can be connected to the parking lot), and much more “pribabahov” that are the envy of even the Maybach.
23. Most of the windows and doors have mosquito nets.
24. A look inside another “bus.” This RV is worth $ 134,495. Also compiled on the basis of the Ford, and, in principle, everything inside is similar to the previous model.
25. Kitchen. Right there is air conditioning controller, without kondishka we did.
26. The view from the bedroom to the shower stall and sink.
27. It should be noted that this cabin width inside is achieved by “out” of certain parts of the house beyond the dimensions when parked. Some sites are assembled on runners, for example, a full kitchen, which simply slides aside. The runners are seen inside the car in the photos 16 and 17, the entire lateral kitchen goes sideways, increasing the space in the hall.
28. Of course, scrupulous reader may object that it is necessary to be a millionaire to purchase a home in the 150 or 200 000. I agree, but what then go ordinary Americans? We will visit several budget trailers.
29. For example, the bumper trailer type axle and a length of 10 meters. Despite the year 2006 – a brand new house.
30. The view from the door to the tail section. In principle, all the same, a little simpler materials and finishes, there is no elegant leather armchairs and tiles on the floor. But still there is a table for dinner, bed and TV. Baby bed in the rear fold, and in their place turns garage, and the back wall is not a wall, a ramp for the arrival technique. This portable garage is for 2 ATV.
31. And it’s kind of in the direction of the tow trailer. Traditional gas stove, sink, it is still double. Two black pens immediately behind the plate – it’s cooler. Next door is a large him – her washing machine and dryer, and a bathroom with shower – through the wall behind the kitchen sink. Well, in the end – a double bed, just to the left in front of it – the sink for washing. All beauty will cost you only $ 14,495.
32. Let’s see another option. The same two-axle trailer, 2008, 8.5 meters, it is worth $ 17,995.
33. Inside, everything is similar, but here the garage for 4 ATV. It should also be noted that any house has a self-contained supply of water, fuel and gas, calculated on the average period of 7 to 40 days. Stocks livelihoods depend on the size of the house.
34. You can buy a trailer “skin”, it is not particularly affect the cost of RV – $ 16,495.
35.Vid outside. 2008, 8.2 meters.
36. And this bus is $ 370,000. It is so steep that even has a rear view camera, and inside are only allowed by appointment. Well, no kidding, it looks just like the other coaches, but are larger and more expensive materials and finishes. The cost of some of these houses goes up to $ 1 million
37. Do not forget that the comfort of traveling in the United States provide thousands of special parking (RV parks) for mobile homes, where you can connect to an external source of electricity, sewer, and here you are refueled with gas, water and fuel.
38. Apart from the usual road of houses, there are more advanced, with 4×4, 6×6 and even, but they are very rare and account for less than 1% of all homes. This is due to the fact that most fans prefer to blow our filthy hands towed behind a Jeep or more quadrics in the back, and the house is left in the parking lot is well prepared, because after a day in the dirt still want to go back to a comfortable home.