In a world where most of the buildings are built of concrete and glass, there is a place and beautiful wooden architecture. Let’s see the different wooden architecture. After all of this old-new material not only built a small private houses, but also an impressive size facilities, including, and skyscrapers. Today we tell about the most unusual modern objects made of wood.
1. Beautiful wooden chapel of St. Henry, Turku, Finland. (Photo: Jussi Tiainen):
2. How do you like sauna? This sauna is located on the shore of Lake Huron in Canada. It was constructed from wood using computer simulation. (Photo by Jonathan Friedman):
3. Incredible installation at Burning Man festival in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada. However, in the most unusual festival in the world still incredible. (Photo by Jason Strauss):
4. The observation tower for bird watching, Heiligenhafen, Germany. Located in the nature reserve Grasvarder. (Photo by Heiner Leiska):
5. Wooden fire in Trondheim, Norway. All neat, nobody burned him. (Photo by Jason Havneraas):
6. Cultural Center Jean-Marie Tjibaou – interesting wooden architectural embodiment of the compound of traditional and modern urban planning techniques. Cultural Center consists of ten asymmetrically arranged pavilions of different size and height of 9 to 24 meters (Photo John Gollings).:
7. Green School. Three years ago in Bali opened Green School, built of bamboo. From afar, it looks intriguing: it seems that the three curved roof hanging in the air. And only near becoming clear that the three-storey building is supported by over 2.5 thousand. Stems. (Photo by Mark Magidson):
8. Landesgarten Exhibition hall in the town of Schwabisch Gmund, Germany. Form is designed on a computer. Outside the exhibition hall is like a peanut shell and consists of 243 wooden panels. (Photo IIGS at the University of Stuttgart):
9. Bamboo Farm The Mason Lane in North Carolina. The project was developed and implemented by the architectural studio of De Leon & Primmer from Louisville (KY). (Photo by Roberto de Leon):
10. It is already ours. The new project has been implemented in a small village of the Tver region, on the banks of the Volga River on the way to St. Petersburg, about 140 km from Moscow. Cottage with the name “Volga”, the design work on which were conducted in 2005, and construction began in 2007. Author of the project – Peter church, a Russian architect and expert in the field of wooden architecture (Photo by Alexey Knyazev):.
11. Unique Evolver viewing platform in the Alps. Several years ago, the world-famous Swiss resort of Zermatt, near the lake Shtelli, there was an amazing wooden architectural artifact. Wooden spiral lookout “Evolver” – the creation of the hands of the students by Alice, the architectural studio at the School of Polytechnic Institute of Lausanne, which offers an experimental approach to design education in architecture. (Photo by Joel Tettamanti):