Modern technology allows to reduce the size and number of the various components in the cabin, the majority of which are not visible to the passenger, and in the same physical space becomes more spacious.
Already the most common flight on a modern ship leads to the indescribable delight! Today I want to tell you that you need to know to get the most of the trip. The fact that we have available, and what incredible new items waiting for us in the very near future.
More space in the cabin quieter, better air quality, the new location of the bins that are roomy by 60% compared to the previous ones, and even the interior of the new toilets! And most importantly – mood light with new lighting scheme! Retrieved on itself several times, even a short flight in the cabin with interesting color schemes always tolerated easier and more comfortable.
That is why it is so important not just to choose a flight in search engines and aggregator site, and always interested in what type of aircraft will perform a particular flight! But even here there is a catch, and some airlines, for various reasons, do not use these or any other technology in the cabin interior, so attentive air travelers are always familiar with the nuances of the configuration of a specific airline cabin.
2. You go on board the aircraft and the first of what you think – “What is a spacious salon!”. And it’s not just a WOW-effect of each part depends on the comfort and the impression of the trip, and, consequently, loyalty to the airline.
Expectation and reality. This interior layout concept, which has the ability to create a spacious cabin, no kitchen at the entrance and without middle row of bins.
3. And this is the realization of ideas in the cabin Airbus A350, where unusually huge space for airplane is surprising to those who first came aboard this ship.
4. This modern technology made it possible to create such an interior, which had no previous generation wide-body passenger airliners. But taking advantage of this advantage, not all airlines.
This is the Airbus the A350 Qatar Airways:
5. This Airbus A350 Finnair, interior is very nice, but the airline decided to separate business class cabin into two parts instead of the standard kitchen spacious common entrance group.
6. For comparison, the example of the cabin of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner , like the A350, there is also a possibility to create the same concept of entry on board.
7. Optimize space allows you to enter an interesting marketing chips, for example, that such a bar in Business Class on the A350:
The width of the chair. Consider a conventional narrow-body aircraft, Airbus A320 or Boeing 737. Even here is not so simple. The fact that Boeing’s standard width of the passenger seat – is 17 inches, while Airbus – 18! Why? And all because the width of the passenger compartment at Airbus more! At 320, compared with the B737 – 3.95m against 3.76m. This is the small detail that you can actually feel.
For example, a Boeing 787 “Dreamliner” in Scheme seats saving 3-3-3 – standard width of the seat is 17 inches. Fuselage width – 5.75m.
10. Expectation and reality. In a competitive environment cabin configuration can be changed, added one more seat in the front row, thus narrowing the chair itself.
For example, in a standard configuration of economy class in Airbus A330 8 seats (2-4-2), but long-loukost-carriers in the same seats 9 A330 has a configuration 3-3-3 (AirAsia X, WOW, Cebu pacific).
In the newest Airbus A350-XWB (by the way, eXtra Wide Body at 3-3-3 layout – the width of the seat 18 inch width of the fuselage – 5.96m.
11. In this case, the possibility of layout interior 3-4-3, in this case the width of the chair would be 16.7 inches. Photo below – it’s a full-size layout to render such an arrangement possibilities.
12. The cabin Boeing 777 economy-class layout 3-3-3, a standard that at the time announced Boeing, but current business realities are such that now nearly 777 airlines bought with the arrangement 3-4-3 (Emirates, Aeroflot etc.). The “classic” 3-3-3 has wider seats and significantly more convenient compared to the 3-4-3, especially in the event of an extended flight over 10-14 hours, not least because of this, the long flight much easier tolerated.
Compare 3-3-3 on a flight from Doha to Auckland. Same layout and other ultra-long routes from Qatar Airways at the Boeing 777-200LR. So be careful when choosing an air ticket, pay attention to the aircraft, which fly and cabin layout on this type of aircraft from the airline.
13. And this is 3-4-3 on the Boeing 777-300ER , at the same Qatar Airways.
ERGONOMIC CHAIRS AND STEP
14. On short-haul routes in the single-aisle sides of almost all airlines are now lounges with ultrathin seats that are lighter in weight and can reduce the take-off weight of the aircraft, as well as increase the number of side by side in the cabin, while maintaining an acceptable spacing between rows. Often they do not recline, and sit so gently in them, as it was before.
The most successful slim seats, I believe Recaro seats on the A320 / 321 for all flights included in the Lufthansa Group (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Swiss). The backrest reclines, while sitting comfortably.
15. This is what sets the mood, puts you to sleep or wakes up for breakfast. The Airbus A350 cabin uses LED-backlight with a continuously shifting colors and shades, allowing you to create dozens of different scenarios. From the “disco” to the dawn of gentle tones.
This demonstration of the possibilities:
18. This is an opportunity to introduce interesting marketing elements. For example, the most interesting scenario lighting on board the Airbus A350 at Finnair – this “northern lights.” Green and purple flashes floating on the dark blue background. Picture does not convey the feeling, but it is absolutely unreal! The script for “Northern Lights” is accompanied by a tourism promotional video about Finland on the screens of onboard entertainment system before landing in Helsinki.
This Boeing 787 Qatar Airways Dreamliner . Here is a very simple example of how to use lighting to create a totally different times during embarkation at different times of the day.
Comfort on board
19. Air in the Airbus A350 cabin completely renewed every 2 minutes, the cabin several independent conditioning zones and humidity and pressure to stay at a height corresponding to 1.5 km. That is 20-30% higher than in the cabin of the previous generations. Long flight on Airbus A350 carries more comfortable. Related technology and figures and Boeing-787 Dreamliner.
AIRSPACE BY AIRBUS
This technology is very near future. The following year, the new Airbus A330neo will be delivered to the first customer with the updated interior concept, which is called «Airspace by Airbus». Never before did not feel that climbing on board you get to the space ship!
This is a 3D render:
22. And not only on board shirokofyuzelyanogo A330, but also on board the A320neo ! This new product group Airbus announced just in June 2017 at Le Bourget!
- «Airspace Bin» – luggage racks larger (60%!) And heavy weight
- extra inch of width at shoulder level passenger sitting near the window.
- A new lighting scheme is now on the A320.
- automated (but mechanical shutter window).
- Well, the entrance to the salon should surprise (as the A330 and A350).
It is waiting for the first real board with the interior.
26. And this is almost a reality! Interior layout Airspace by Airbus in mocap center in Toulouse:
31. Even the toilet is fully updated!
32. And it’s not just pictures on the net, it is almost a reality of our flights with you in the near future. Distances are no longer matter!
After all, the cabin a light, spacious, climate is almost the same as on earth … and quiet! Almost as well as in our car!