People saw mirages, since ancient times, as there are numerous legends. On the one hand, it’s hard to find anyone who has ever seen in his life would be the easiest mirage – blue lake on a hot highway. On the other – Thousands of people watched the sky is literally hanging in the city, fancy castles and even the whole army, but there has been no explanation from the experts to this natural phenomenon.
1. Mirages are of several types: lake, or lower, upper (they occur directly in the sky), or mirages distance vision, lateral mirages. A more complex form of mirage called “Fata Morgana”
2. Bottom (lake) a mirage. Inferior mirages occur mainly in cases where the layers of air near the surface of the Earth (for example, in the desert) warmed up so that the rays of light emanating from objects, heavily distorted.
3. The victims are often mirages especially caravans in the desert Erg al-Rawi that in North Africa. Before people “personally” at a distance of 2-3 kilometers appear oasis, to which in reality is not less than 700 kilometers
4. Upper Mirage (Mirage distance vision). The air is heated by the earth’s surface, and the height of its temperature falls. However, if over a layer of cool air is warmer (brought, for example, the winds of the south) and the rarefied air layer, and the transition between them is pretty harsh, the refraction is greatly enhanced. Rays of light coming from objects in the world, describe the kind of arc and back down, sometimes for tens or even hundreds of kilometers from their source. Then there is “lifting horizon”, or upper mirage.
5. Residents of the Cote d’Azur in France on a clear morning is not seen on the horizon the Mediterranean Sea, where the water is drained from the air, from the sea rises a chain of Corsican mountains, to which the Côte d’Azur about two kilometers.
6. Fata Morgana – a complex optical phenomenon in the atmosphere, which consists of several forms of mirage in which distant objects are seen repeatedly and with a variety of distortions. To do this, the most mysterious kind of mirages convincing explanation has yet been found. But, there are many theories.
9. In summer, during hot weather, when the sun shines brightly on the highway in the distance you can see the puddles reflecting sky. In fact, there are no puddles: it is a visual deception, a mirage!
Water surface of the lake reflects light rays and produces an image of the coastal vegetation. The layer of air can also reflect light rays and create an inverted image of the landscape, located very far away. It occurs in hot weather: heated air rises and there is in contact with the cold air layer.
contact surface like a mirror, reflecting a waterless desert oasis of lush vegetation, which is very far away. In the same way on the highway sky reflected in the puddles, which actually is not.
10. Thousands of tourists and local residents witnessed a mirage, which lasted for four hours in the city of Penglai off the east coast of China. Mists created an image of the city, with modern high-rise buildings, broad city streets and bustling cars. In the city of Penglai two days of pouring rain before there is a rare weather phenomenon.
11. And this mirage appeared off the coast of the Chinese resort island of Hainan.
As reported, the mirage has arisen because of an abnormally high temperature, which was established on the island, usually unusual this time of year.
In the video below you will see a ghost town, which appeared for a while on the east coast of China.