At the beginning of 1955 29-year-old Marilyn Monroe left Hollywood on the advice of his mentor Lee Strasberg and went to New York to be released from the contract with «Twentieth Century Fox» and image of the “dumb blonde”. In New York, Marilyn moved to Suite Hotel “Ambassador” and founded a production company «Marilyn Monroe Productions» together with photographer and friend of Milton Greene. And Milton and Marilyn herself converged on the idea that the image of the actress requires a revision if it is to continue to look serious. Milton ordered a photo project in the journal «Redbook» in the hope that they will publish photographs of “real Marilyn.” In one week, the magazine photographer Ed Fayngersh everywhere followed Marilyn Monroe in New York, making these pictures here.
1. Marilyn is a beauty salon Elizabeth Arden on Fifth Avenue.
2. Unlike most of the previous pictures, Marilyn agreed to star without makeup and styling.
4. Coming out of the cabin.
5. The now iconic photo of Marilyn on the balcony of their hotel suites in the “Ambassador”.
8. Marilyn considers comics on the wall painted by the famous journalist «The New Yorker» and cartoonist James Thurber. Restaurant “Costello” on 44th Street.
9. During a conversation with the editor of «Redbook» Robert Stein in the restaurant “Costello”.
10. In a dressing gown at the “Ambassador” in his room.
11. Marilyn lipstick, preparing for the premiere of the play by Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. ”
12. Wanting to impress, Marilyn wore tight golden dress with a large incision.
13. Iconic photo: Marilyn does perfume Chanel number 5.
15. Sly smile at the restaurant after the premiere.
16. Charter, Marilyn lay down for a short while in the lobby.
17. A rare shot of Marilyn Monroe, which you can see its fragility and vulnerability.
18. On the way to the subway Marilyn bought the newspaper «New York Post».
19. Waiting for the train at the Central station.
22. Secret trip on the subway.
23. Marilyn and Milton Greene.
24. Marilyn is preparing for a charity performance of the circus «Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey» at Madison Square Garden.
27. As part of the charity performance Marilyn agreed to ride on a pink elephant.
28. She was angry when her outfit is not nalez at her …
29. … And then burst into tears.
30. But in the end everything turned out.
31. Marilyn appeared before the public effectively riding on an elephant.
32. Photos of Marilyn Monroe Ed Fayngersh were published in the journal «Redbook» in July 1955. Although he made some of the most iconic photos of her, the two never worked together.