These descendants of dinosaurs bartered forelimbs to wings, and they were right. Flying as a very effective way to catch up with the victim, and “get away” from predators.
Just Beautiful Birds:
1. Long-tailed Tit – one of the smaller songbirds passerine group. Soobuzhaet very rugged, beautiful nest spherical or ovoid shape, is attached to the forks and branches abundantly lining inside feathers and wool, winds of moss and lichen web and is provided in its upper part, lateral flight opening as a short tube or svodika. (Photo by Andi Edwards):
2. Kingfisher – beautiful bird a little larger than a sparrow. Hunts for fish from the air. Able to take off from the water. Kingfishers like privacy, see them rarely possible. (Photo by Susanna Lascelles):
3. Birds inhabit all ecosystems of the world, including the internal parts of Antarctica. According to the International Ornithological Congress, at the end of April 2017 science knows 10,681 kind of living birds.
Feeding, honed to perfection. (Photo Krzysztof Rabiej):
4. Shoo! Woodpecker melanerpes herding red cardinal. Cardinal when frightened emit sharp chirping cry were talking between themselves in a low chirp.
By the way, while hammering woodpecker strikes an average speed of 22 movements per second, while experiencing overload 1200g. People can hardly survive 80-100g. (Photo by Rick & Nora Bowers):
6. This serious comrade – Cormorant. This medium-sized or large birds the size of a duck or goose. Long wings, neck and tail make their silhouette in flight Phillips. And the eye-what! (Photo Florence McGinn):
7. Dismantling bullfinches. Males bullfinches breast pinkish-red in color, females – brownish-gray. (Photo by Philip Jones):
8. White Owl. The largest bird from the detachment of owls in the tundra and ruthless predator: Year One owl eats more than 1,600 lemmings. Catches also hares, pikas, small predators (weasel), birds (ptarmigan, geese, ducks). (Photo Guoqiang Xue):
9. The red kite. The bird of prey from the family Accipitridae. Despite the fact that the red kite rather large bird, it is not as aggressive and not so strong compared to other birds of prey (such as buzzards). During the hunt, hovering at a low altitude, looking for small game. Noticing the victim, stone falls down and grabs it with its sharp claws. (Photo by Ian Jones):
10. Marine bird skimmer. (Photo by Ivan Kuzmin):
11. North American scoop. For the protection of their prey, they use the services of another predator: to protect your food from insects, shovels specifically bring to their nests of small snakes. In turn, the snake eat the larvae of ants and flies feeding on prey scoop. (Photo by Bill Gozansky):
12. Again, the kingfisher. He is sitting with its prey on the sign “You can not go fishing.” (Photo by Nicolas Reusens):
13.’apapane. Beautiful. (Photo by Jim Denn):
14. Peacock – recognizable comrade. A characteristic feature of the male is a strong development of the upper body feathers that might be mistaken for a tail. Peacock gained renown in the art, legends, literature, and religion for over 3,000 years. Domesticated in India, it is represented in Hindu mythology. (Photo Shakh Aivazov):
15. Seabirds decided podostavat little PENGUIN in the absence of his parents. (Photo: Shayne McGuire):
16. First, he got tight … (Picture Shayne McGuire):
17. … but then he made it clear that the same is not so simple. The best defense – attack. (Photo: Shayne McGuire):
18. Aistoklyuvy Kingfisher. These birds inhabit both on inland waters and on the coast of the forest-covered shores. The rain does not bother from … (Photo Sijori Images):