In this issue, you will see the place where the shooting took place cult horror films: the cities in which wielded freaks, the hotel in which the mad writer and many other creepy places.
In the photo you can see the temple, which starred the very first movie , “The Omen”
1. The first film about the little boy Damien (1976), which was the Antichrist in human form, was filmed in London. Most of the time spent operators in 900-year-old and a rather gloomy Church of All Saints, which is located in Fulham, on the banks of the Thames. For example, here was filmed a scene in which the priest pierces the lightning rod. A picture flashed in the prologue Bishop Garden surrounding the temple.
Camping No-Be-Bo-Sco, NJ
2. In the first of a series of horror film “Friday the 13th” (1980) Jason with a machete in hand gutting his victims in the camp of “Crystal Lake”. Camping, where was it filmed, does exist, only it’s called No-Be-Bo-Sco. It is located in the state of New Jersey, near the town of Blerstoun, and every summer at his cottage (those where they filmed scenes of murder) stop dozens of scouts.
3. Action horror, the main role in which she plays Jack Nicholson, is at the “Overlook.” Stephen King (the film was shot on his novel) “copied” this hotel to hotel “Stanley” who inspired him during his stay in the Rockies. However, the filming took place in a very different place – “Timberline Lodge”, Oregon. In the tape were only species at the outside, the interior scenes were filmed in a studio. That did not stop fans of the “Radiance” literally overrun Ski Resort after the film. Funny, that was originally a terrible room of the film had room 217, but the owner of “Timberline” asked the directors to change the number on the supposedly non-existent (№ 237), he did not seem to hotel guests “cursed.”
4. The film, shot on amateur camera, tells the story of three college students kinootdeleniya who got lost in the dense forests of Maryland. The boys learned the legend of the Blair Witch, devoting her graduate work. Movie was as realistic as possible: its creators have long argued that the tape was mounted from the videotape, accidentally found in the forest, and the characters themselves – were missing and likely dead. Naturally, this was a ploy to attract viewers, but the place really began filming the vicinity of the town Berkitsvil – the same one which has long run eerie legends. They say, for example, that in the 40-ies of the last century in the local woods hosted maniac who killed dozens of people under the influence of witches. Filming also took place in the National Park of Maryland called Seneca Creek State.
5. Nearly 600 liters of fake blood took the creators of this horror film, which tells about the rest three students in Western Europe. Concluding his “tour”, naive Americans finally decide to hang in Bratislava, where they live – as a casual friend assures them – and hundreds of beautiful girls of all consonants. Ends this trip, of course, is not a happy ending, but the meat grinder. Despite the fact that the film is set in Slovakia, street shooting took place in the Czech Republic – the towns of Cesky Krumlov and Milovice. And the torture scenes were filmed in the northern part of Prague called Bognitse in an abandoned mental hospital, built in neo-baroque style.
6. Heartbreaking scene at the end of the film, when the detectives Mills (Brad Pitt) and Somerset (Morgan Freeman) discover a terrible box was removed under elektrovyshkami near Lancaster, California. In general, almost all shooting the thriller took place in Los Angeles, but found it impossible to picture: first, the creators of the “Seven” did not want it to be a one particular city on the U.S. map, and secondly, made colors as grim.
“The Silence of the Lambs”
7. While investigating a series of murders committed by a serial killer nicknamed “Buffalo Bill”, FBI agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) turns for help to the killer-cannibal Hannibal Lecturer (Anthony Hopkins). In one scene, she attends the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh to meet with entomologist and understand what kind of insect leaves the offender in the throat of his victims. Filming scenes took place in one of the laboratories of the museum, which is one of the largest in the United States. In particular, it is one of the best collections of dinosaur skeletons in the world.
“A Nightmare on Elm Street”
8. Freddy Krueger, the villain in the filthy striped sweater and a battered hat, wielded in the fictional town of Springwood. Shooting of the film (the first in a series of horror films about Freddie) took place in a suburb of Los Angeles. For example, episodes of the school where I studied characters in “The Nightmare” were filmed in the real-life John Marshall High School, and was the home of Tina’s house number 620 on the street Milwood Avenue. However, the most popular among the fans of the movie series is still using the Thompson house, where she was Nancy. His role “played” cottage on Genesee Avenue Street. It’s funny that in reality, the house has the same number as the cine on Elm Street – № 1428.
9. One of the worst films of the last century (which, by the way, has received two “Oscars”) was filmed in Washington. The main heroine of the picture – a little girl Regan, which infuses the devil. First of all family baby is worn by doctors to figure out what’s wrong with her, and then, having lost all hope, refers to an exorcist. Most of the film was shot in Georgetown – the oldest district of the U.S. capital with ancient buildings, antique shops, book stores, and lined in a Gothic style buildings at Georgetown University. After the release of “The Exorcist” the main attraction of the area has become a cinematic stone staircase at 3600 Prospect St NW – the same one which collapsed at the end of the film the father Karras. Sometimes called the “Ladder Exorcist.”
10. Horror film by Roman Polanski (about a young couple who is expecting a baby, and a series of mysterious events) was filmed in the infamous building “Dakota” on the island of Manhattan. However, at the time of filming (1968) it was just a beautiful luxury house. The world community has attracted The Dakota 12 years later, when he was killed by its most famous resident – John Lennon. The criminal waylaid “Beatle” next to the house, and then released into his back five shots, two of which were fatal. Bleeding profusely, the musician took a few steps and fell to the ground – right next to the guard booth, in the arch “Dakota.”
11. The American remake of the Japanese horror film grossed $ 250 million, was filmed in the state of Washington. For example, the apartment journalist Rachel (Naomi Watts) was in a house at 1200 Western Avenue in Seattle, and the scene in the darkroom, where she showed pictures of dead teenagers was shot in an office building at 1925 5th Avenue. Horse Farm, where Morgan lived in the film, the adoptive parents of Samara, was found in the town of Monroe (23200 Yeager Road), and an eerie beacon flashed on the black-and-white videotape – in Newport (Oregon). “The Ring” brought the Yaquina lighthouse and more popular, although it was known before the horror, first, with his foot a great view of the Pacific Ocean, and secondly, it has a floor annexe, which is a rarity in lighthouses.
“The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”
12. Furniture made of animal bones, freezers with the corpses of teenagers, bloodied hooks and cute weirdo named Leatherface with a chainsaw in his hand. All of this – in the famous “slasher” horror-which, after its release in 1974, was banned in several countries. The shooting took place in a low-budget picture Texas (Round Rock), in an old farmhouse, where there was no ventilation. It was a sweltering humid summer, and the temperature rose to 35 degrees. The hardest part had an actor who played a maniac: within a few weeks, 16 hours a day, he had to wear a heavy, double-dyed dress and a thick mask. Mansion of “Carnage” is still there, though it has long been restored and “moved” to a new location – the town of Kingsland. Now it houses a restaurant «Junction House».
“The Hills Have Eyes”
13. The story about a bloodthirsty cannibal mutants occurs in the American desert, where he once conducted nuclear tests. The family of Carter travels in the trailer and on his way to San Diego. However, the apparent perfect vacation suddenly pull down the monsters who emerge from the dungeons … The film, oddly enough, is not conducted in the United States, but in a much cheaper in terms of labor Morocco. Namely, in the foothills of the Atlas, known for his paintings of landscapes. In the vicinity of the local town of Ouarzazate starring such box office hits as “Gladiator,” “Alexander” and “Prince of Persia”. However, there are also some scary scenery – like a deserted gas station, with which spun the whole story in the “Hills”.