This week it was announced that the winner of the giant cabbage at the Fair in Palmer, Alaska, was the 10-year-old boy named Kevan Dinkel, has raised cabbage weighing 42 kilograms. Kevan was the owner of two thousand dollars. As stated in the organizing committee of the event for 18 years of the competition for the biggest cabbage in it for the first time won a child.
Contests giant vegetables – a very popular phenomenon. They are attended by both amateur gardeners and professional farmers who specialize in growing and selling giants of their seeds. We have collected 7 vegetable-champions from different countries.
1. Kevan Dinkel and his cabbage-winner named Bob.
2. Peter Glazebrook from the UK – a person known among fans of the giant gardening. His bow weighing 8.16 kg in 2012 broke his own previous world record. (John Giles / PA)
3. Nissan Tamir of Omer, Israel shows them radishes grown, each of which weighs 10 kg. (Azulai / Israel Sun / Rex Features)
4. And this pumpkin won the Fair of Alaska in 2011. Her weight was 584 kg.
5. This pub-winner of the annual fair in Herrougeyte, United Kingdom in 2012 and brought up Peter Glazebrook. And raise a vegetable, which weighs 54.3 kg, over the head trying weightlifter Jonathan Walker. (John Giles / PA)
6. Ian Neale from Newport, South Wales, in 2011, set a record for the biggest swede. This specimen of a giant gardening weighs 38.92 kg.
7. Antonio Martone with tomato weighing in at 450 grams and a diameter of 38 cm, this giant has grown from a seed that Antonio had sent his family from Naples. (Solent News / Rex Features)