Ghostly Abandoned Places Around the World
These real life ruins offer an eerie glimpse into a world without humans. Their dark walls inspire a sense of wonder like I’ve never felt before.
Sure, there’s something spooky about them. But also something undeniably striking.
Photo Vide selected 30 the most ghostly abandoned places around the world, every single one of which has its own special charm. Beneath all the dust, rust and cracks, there are stories of people who used to live, pray, or take their daily train rides there, and when you try to imagine these people and their lives, each picture gets a special aura of nostalgia. It’s as if the people in these places just picked up and left.
1. I.M. Cooling Tower, Belgium
2. Kolmanskop, Namibia
3. 102-Year-Old Floating Forest in Sydney, Australia
4. The Maunsell Sea Forts, England
5. Last House on Holland Island, U.S.A
6. Pripyat, Ukraine
7. House of the Bulgarian Communist Party, Bulgaria
8. Nara Dreamland, Japan
9. Uninhabited Island in Southwest Florida, U.S.A.
10. Abandoned Mill, Italy
11. Michigan Central Station in Detroit, U.S.A.
12. Sunken Yacht, Antarctica
13. The Haunting New Bedford Orphuem, U.S.A.
14. Abandoned Train Station, Abkhazia
15. Abandoned Wooden Houses, Russia
16. Underwater City in Shicheng, China
17. The Abandoned City Hall Subway Stop in New York, U.S.A.
& Eric Kazmirek