Dog Cemetery – is the first in France pet cemetery located in the north-west of Paris, on the left bank of the Seine. “Cemetery of Dogs” opened in 1899, is the world’s second official cemetery for pets after open in 1896, the cemetery in the United States in the city of Hartsdale New York.
Since 1899 there are buried more than 40 000 animals, including dogs, cats, monkeys, horses, rabbits, hamsters, mice, birds and fish, and even lions.
“Dog Cemetery” is an elongated area which overlooks the Seine. Here are buried many famous animal that made the glory of themselves, or belonging to some famous people. Drake – Dog Queen Elizabeth Greece Romanian, cat Camille Saint-Saens.
In the cemetery are buried animal-rescue human lives. Near the entrance to the cemetery is a statue of the famous St. Bernard rescue Barry. There is a dog Lulu’s grave, tombstone inscription reads, “He returned the child’s mother, drowning in 1895 in the river Garonne. Valiant Lulu was only nine months, and he had a broken paw. ”
3. They found their final resting place at the cemetery of dogs and many animals-actors, such as dog-actor Prince of Wales, 406 times out on the stage of the Paris Theatre Gymnase ( «Gymnase») in the years of 1905 and 1906.
4. Local people clean up their dogs in, France, October 30, 2016. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):
5. Design and construction was entrusted to a well-known at the time of the Paris architect Eugene Petit. The cemetery was divided into four parts, the first of which is reserved for the burial of dogs, the second – the cats, and the third – the birds, the fourth – the other animals. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):
6. In June 1899 appeared the first burial near Asnieres-sur-Seine. Subsequently, a new cemetery was buried more than 40 thousand animals: dogs, cats, horses, lions, monkeys, rabbits, hamsters, mice, birds and fish. (Photo A.Lautreamont):
7. Dog Cemetery in Paris, October 30, 2016. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):
8. Also notable animals in the cemetery and the graves are anonymous or normal pets: dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, hamsters, fish, horses, lions, monkeys, there is the tomb of a gazelle, sheep named Faust, chicken on Cocotte nickname. There is also a horse was buried the founder of “Cemeteries dogs” Marguerite Durand. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):
9. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):
10. Monument gazelle. (Photo by Tommie Hansen):
11. It is interesting that in Russia in Tsarskoye Selo there is a cemetery for the horses, which appeared long before Paris. (Photo by Tommie Hansen):
12. (Photo by Jean-Raoul Boulanger):
13. Dog Cemetery in Paris, October 30, 2016. (Photo by Charles Platiau | Reuters):