Oleg Grigoryev wrote: “I never dreamed to be a bird? In fact, every person dreams of flying in the sky. No, not at flying vehicles such as airplanes or helicopters, and on their own wings. But evolution has not given us this opportunity, then, for aspiring to the heights, enthusiasts have come up with paragliders. You run down the slide picked up speed, and then, in an instant lift off the ground … and now you are looking into the eyes flying by the descendants of Archaeopteryx.
If you believe the science, the first birds were not capable of flapping flight, they were only able to plan and use their wings to run on a flat surface. But for a couple of centuries of evolution, they were able to develop their potential and take off into the sky. That’s what good planning and a desire to get things done. Humanity has every chance – to run on the plane we can, and swing your arms too.
Always worth a try to climb into the sky, if only to experience the children’s emotions and feelings when you first climb the highest tree in his backyard and swaying to the beat with the wind. In this case, you overwhelm opposing feelings – fear of the wild to the indescribable joy of free-floating down. ”
2. From 3 to 11 July in the village of Pylypets, Mizhgirya region of Transcarpathia was open Carpathian Cup 2013 and paragliding. In this area there are Borzhavskogo ridge tops and mountain Gemba. The first competition took place in the mountains in 2002.
3. This year, the athletes were very lucky with the weather – all the days were flying. The weather was favorable and decided not to present any unpleasant surprises, like last year.
4. And now I want to share personal excitement about paragliding. It was really cool! Standing on the ground, I was confident and even represented those photos that make the sky. But as soon as I put the tandem system and a helmet, the fear is fanned by me, the brain refused to function constructively. The inner voice whispered «Don’t panic». In the first flight, which took place at an altitude of 2600m, I even forgot to put the tripod out of the bag. Of course, using a tripod is still not able to, but it looked solid and raised my weight.
5. The two times I was raised to the sky, where I began a wild panic, hysteria and cries, heart pounding as titanium hammer, took the form of Mohawk hair, but I still continued to press the shutter camera. By the way, the traditional methods of complacency – deep breathing and meditation in the sky do not work.
6. At present, the “Open Cup Carpathians” registered international air sports federation (FAI), a rating competition. Successful performance in the Cup allow athletes to improve their ranking and move to a higher level in its category.
7. At competitions were played such disciplines: a flight on a route in the shortest time, the race is on a given route, flying in a triangular route, flying free distance as the crow flies, flight range to the target, flying at a distance to the target in return.
8. The competition, which are Ukrainian and international open-off, was attended by about 80 pilots from different countries.
9. Paragliders started with Gemba mountain (1496 m), which offers a magnificent view of the Borzhavskogo ridge, which in turn is the longest mountain range in Transcarpathia.
12. Typically, paragliders are divided into professional athletes and weekend pilots. The latter are very cautious and only fly for fun.
13. The slopes of the ridge Borzhavskogo ideal for paragliding. Length range of over 50 km, width 34 km, height up to 1681 m Slopes obtikaemye no sudden and sharp peaks, so you can gently and comfortably to land anywhere.
19. Scoring depends on the testimony of electronic devices that precisely record movement paraglider in the air. Each pilot has a number of devices GPS-navigation.
21. It should not be forgotten that the paragliding – this is a very extreme sport, and quite often something happens with the pilots.
27. Paraglider wing creates lift by interacting with updrafts of warm air that rises from the earth, and it is moving forward under the force of gravity and the weight of the paraglider. If no attempt is made to maintain altitude, the glider was slowly lowered to the ground.
28. The dome of the glider is made from a special airtight durable fabric. It consists of an upper and lower surface which are connected to crosspieces – ribs.
29. The photographs showed the top of the mountains and mountains of the Grand Stand Upper.
30. During the flight, the glider can arise by chance (fully or partially). This happens for different reasons, for example, turbulence effects, pilot error or other causes. Depending on how the glider out of the dangerous regimes and assigned class security.
31. Paragliders can be divided into three classes of security – Standard, Performance and Competition. Class glider determined by the correspondence of the results of its testing certification systems.
32. Standard – this glider for beginners, very stable and forgiving. It is generally used for training and it is recommended to pilots flying purely for pleasure. Performance – a good flying qualities and moderately stable. Competition – this glider for professionals.
33. The flight speed of the paraglider from 20 to 85 km / h
34. Cost of the new paraglider from well-known companies is 2.5 – 5000 dollars per set. It is important that this glider was certified.
Sit two parachutists. Had they fly paragliders.
You know, what the paraglider?
-Paragliders – it dyshi dead paratroopers.
71. Not everyone is on their own would like to fly in the sky :).
80. In conclusion, I want to say that someone can overcome your fear, and someone and continues to dream of free flight.