The liner Costa Concordia, one of the ten largest cruise ships in the world, crashed Jan. 13 2012. In September, the 2013 off the coast of the Italian island Giglio successfully completed a unique operation to lift the 300-meter giant sunken weight of 114,000 tons.
Cruise Liner Costa Concordia Rare Interior Photos:
1. Movie theaters, restaurants, casinos, swimming pools, dance halls, corridors, fitness rooms, cabins in different price ranges … It looks as if the ship had been in the water decade. Full rout.
2. Costa Concordia was the biggest in the history of passenger ship crashed.
3. The contract for the construction of the vessel length of 290 meters, designed for 3,700 passengers and a crew of 1 100 people for the company Costa Crociere has been signed with the Italian Fincantieri shipyard January 19, 2002. 2 September 2005 the ship under serial number 6122 of 450 million euro was launched.
4. I wonder about when launched and “baptism” of the vessel, champagne bottle did not break, which is a bad omen.
5. According to the head of the Italian ports Vittorio Alessandro, the day of the tragedy of the ship off course and perilously close to the shore. During the investigation, the ship captain Francesco Schettino has admitted that he decided to bring the vessel close to the shore of the island of Giglio and greet his friend, former captain of the “Costa Concordia” living on the island, as it has repeatedly done in the past.
7. The experts wondered how the ship passes by this route 52 times a year, it could deviate from their course for 3-4 miles, so come close to the shore, and got a hole so quickly capsize.
8. Damage to the owners of the vessel is estimated at 1.5 billion euros.
9. Ship Costa Concordia had 15 decks, 14 elevators, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants and provides guests with comfortable cabins 1 450; on board was a two-level fitness center (2000 square meters), the casino, and the simulator “Formula 1”.
12. According to media reports, before the ship lift the total cost of work on it for the lifting of the shipowner company was to be EUR 600 million and is equal to the cost of the vessel.
13. Concert Hall.
14. Cruise Liner Costa Concordia Rare Interior Photos.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.