5 May 1921 in France were first introduced perfume Chanel No. 5. It was the first perfume launched by the legendary Coco Chanel. The date was not chosen by chance – the 5th day of the 5th month. His formula was drawn up Russian-French chemist and perfumer Ernest Beaux. And the aroma, and it is intentionally simple bottle made a real revolution in the perfume of the time. Any advertising Coco Chanel chose “word of mouth” and before the start of sales distributed a new perfume to her friends, thus creating a “secret lovers club Chanel No. 5” and making perfume object of desire of all the ladies of Paris.
Chanel No. 5 have become timeless classics, and in advertising, in fact, do not need. However, the fashion house still choose “ambassadors” of the fragrance with which the spirits are associated in a given period. Together, let us trace the history of Chanel No. 5 in the people.
1. Marilyn Monroe was the face of the official campaign Chanel, however, was the first “ambassador” of the fragrance in 1950.
2. Her famous response to a reporter’s question “what are you wearing when you go to bed?” – “A few drops of Chanel N º 5” ever been written in the history of perfume.
3. Face-odor in the ’70s was selected Catherine Deneuve. The aim of the campaign was to return Chanel N º 5 lost in the 60th of status.
4. For this perfume confiscated from pharmacies and similar points of massive sales and stopped working with advertising agencies. For the image of Chanel № 5 he took art director Jacques Helyu, who chose Deneuve and director Ridley Scott to shoot mini-movies used as commercials.
5. Needless to say, that its job return Chanel № 5 in the world of cinema, glamor and sophistication Jacques Helyu managed.
6. In the 1990s, advertising Chanel № 5, according to some estimates, more has been spent than on any other perfume brand.
7. Face flavor becomes Carole Bouquet. A shooting campaigns are engaged in such well-known star pictures, as Patrick Demarchelier and Dominique Issermann.
9. In 2003, the face of Chanel № 5 was selected Nicole Kidman.
10. The company has decided to continue the cooperation with famous directors and invited Baz Luhrmann to shoot a promotional mini-movie with Kidman.
11. Baz Luhrmann has created a two-minute trailer “for the film, which in fact was never”, and based on it – the 30-second ad.
12. In 2012, the company has already made a modern revolution, the first women’s perfume making a face … a man!
13. Of course, it was none other than the favorite of all women in the world Brad Pitt.
14. One may argue about whether the man advertise fragrance. However, hardly anyone will refuse to get a bottle of Chanel № 5 of the hands of men.