August 21, 1932 in Venice, the first international film festival, traditionally gathers international stars. We have selected for you the most interesting historical photos of celebrities who have visited Venice during the festival.
1. Newlyweds Mick and Bianca Jagger floating in the streets of Venice in a gondola in 1971. These two were married in May of the same year, and in October, the light will be baby Jade.
2. Hiding behind a lace fan, Joan Crawford posing for a photograph. Megastar ’30s, American actress of silent and sound films, visited Venice in 1970, the twilight of his career. In the same year, there was last a full-length movie “Trog” with its participation, later in the same year, she will be awarded the prize Sess B. DeMilya at the award ceremony of the “Golden Globe”.
3. Sean Connery on a boat in Venice in 1970 and in 1998 was awarded the main prize of the Venice Film Festival Golden Lion. And in 2003, he brought a rustling, deciding to hold the premiere of his film “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” in Prague, not in Venice.
4. Catherine Deneuve in the film “Mayerling” in Venice in 1968. Since the late 60s of last century, when the actress introduced motion picture “Morning Glory”, which became a classic of cinema, Catherine always attends the Venice Film Festival. In 1998 she was awarded Best Actress (called Volpi Cup) since 2006 – led by an international jury.
5. The actor and director Warren Beatty, with the girl at the hotel «Execelsior» in Venice in 1965. In 1998, he received his prestigious award – the Golden Lion – the actor called the Venice Festival “spiritual oasis in a dry world of cinema.”
6. Paul Newman on a boat during a walk in Venice in 1963. In the background is St. Mark’s Square. This year, the actor has starred in such films as “peel”, “New Kind of Love” and “Prize”.
7. Oscar winner Rod Steiger and his wife, actress Claire Bloom was in Venice in 1963. In that year, his film “Hands over the City” won the top prize – the Golden Lion.
8. 1960: Elizabeth Taylor with her then-husband Eddie Fisher on vacation on the island of Burano in the Venice lagoon. In the same year for her role in “Butterfield 8” actress won an Oscar.
9. In 1961, Salvador Dali made an indelible impression on the Venetians. In the 1969 film directed by Thomas Madigan “Salvador Dali: easy self-portrait”, filmed in the Spanish home of the artist, received the award for best documentary.
10. Actor, writer and artist Anthony Quinn with actress Barbara Steele while walking through the canals of Venice in 1958. Became a classic movie film “La Strada” with Quinn won in 1954, the Silver Lion at the Venice Film Festival.
11. After visiting the Brigitte Bardot in the 1958 Venice Film Festival in the company of French jazz guitarist / vocalist Sacha Distel (right), the tabloids were full of headlines about their affair, and the fans and the press did not give a pair of passes.
12. Gary Cooper was in Venice in 1955, two years after receiving the Oscar for her role in the movie “High Noon” and for 5 years before his death at the age of 60 years.
13. Ernest Hemingway and his wife Mary on vacation at the hotel «Gritti Palace» interrupted after a trip to Africa, where the couple has survived two plane crashes (note the bandaged arm). Newspapers reported on the intention of the writer to stay in Venice to a full recovery. In the same year was an occasion to greet him with the Nobel Prize for Literature.
14 In 1953, the Venice Lido beach Kirk Douglas basked in the glory of the artist signing the thigh Novels Paridzhini. Later, he took a picture with her and another girl, holding both in the air.