In the Black Rock Desert in the U.S. state of Nevada Burning Man festival in 2013, which this year takes place already in the 27 th time. At this time came here more than 68 thousand people from all over the world. A week in the desert set of modern art, often fantastic forms. Some of them are burnt before the end of the creators of Burning Man.
Once again, the participants try to create a “utopian society”. The festival organizers require guests to observe ten basic principles: radical inclusion, gift, decommodification, radical self-reliance, radical self-expression, community effort, responsibility, do not leave a trace, participation, here and now.
1. This year, the festival was attended by a team of artists and engineers from Russia “Empty Hills”. They are presented to the public a wooden model of a space station “Mir”.
2. Traditionally, the festival ends on the first Monday of September, that is, the number 2, when the U.S. celebrated Labor Day. Evening of August 31 was the burning of a giant wooden man – the symbol of the festival (Burning man in English means burning man).
3. Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert in 2013.
7. Sculpture of a fire-breathing dragon.
20. Russia’s first installation of The Cradle of Mir at the festival Burning Man.