This happened in the summer of the long-awaited and highly significant for the British event, exactly one month ago, on July 22, the Prince William and Catherine Duchess of Cambridge had a son – Prince George Alexander Louis. The fate of people “blue blood” was always interested in public, here and now residents of the UK and the whole world is trying to learn new facts about the life of the royal dynasty, and to predict what will be the George Louis in the future, how will it affect “the royal succession” on his life, especially that the prince has every chance in the future to lead the monarchy, as Georges-Louis – the third in a line of aspirants to the crown.
We are interested in old archival photographs, mostly of the first half of the last century, which depicted the childhood of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. We offer you a selection of these rare pictures.
1. Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II (Queen Elizabeth II) was born April 21, 1926 in London, the family of the Duke and Duchess of York.
2. A recently discovered a photo of a young family of the Duke of York. This is a photo in a relaxed atmosphere was not a professional photographer royal and ordinary tourists traveling to Scotland, whose car broke down unexpectedly, forcing them to seek help, knocking on the door of the nearest house. They opened Elizabeth’s parents with a newborn baby in her arms. They were kind enough to not only help travelers to fix a car, but gladly took pictures for a memorable image of Scotland.
3. 1928, Elizabeth 2 years. In the small circle of family small crown princess was nicknamed Lilibeth since a long time to learn to properly pronounce his full name.
4. 1929, Elizabeth with her father.
5. At birth, Elizabeth became the Duchess of York, and was third in the line of succession to the throne after his uncle, Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) and his father.
6. As Prince Edward was quite young and was thought, was to get married and have children, Elizabeth did not initially seen as a possible candidate for the throne.
7. Soon she had a younger sister, Margaret. King George VI often spoke of his daughters: “Lilibeth – my pride and Margaret – joy.”
8. Kids Games Princess Elizabeth.
9. Young Elizabeth with her parents.
10. 1932, Princess Elizabeth and Margaret Rose with parents Boy Scouts on parade at Windsor Castle, Berkshire. (Photo: / Getty Images)
11. King George and Queen Elizabeth with Princess Elizabeth (center) and Margaret, as well as members of the royal family in full regalia on the balcony of Buckingham Palace after the coronation, May 12, 1937. (Photo: Getty Images). A year earlier, became king Prince Albert (George VI), and 10-year-old Elizabeth became heir to the throne and moved with his parents from Kensington to Buckingham Palace. However, she remained in the role of «heir presumptive» («heir presumptive”), and the birth of a son in George VI inherited the throne to him.
12. The Queen, Princess Elizabeth and Margaret Rose and the royal archers, 1937. (Photo: Fox Photos / Getty Images)
13. Princess Elizabeth with a pony at Windsor Park, Berkshire, in April 1939. (Photo by Central Press / Getty Images). According to the memoirs of Elizabeth teacher, a 12-year old girl told her: “If I was not a queen, I would have lived in the country and would lead a lot of horses and dogs.”
14. When Elizabeth was 13 years old, World War II began. In 1940, at the age of 14, she first performed on the radio, referring to children who have suffered from the scourge of war. In 1943, Elizabeth appeared in public, causing a visit to the Guards regiment of grenadiers. In 1944 he was one of five “government advisers” – persons entitled to perform the functions of the king in his absence or incapacity. In 1945, the future Queen has entered into an auxiliary territorial service (women’s self-defense units), which was trained as a driver and car care received the rank of lieutenant.
15. Elizabeth is captured here as a young mother with a first-born – Prince Charles. Prince Charles was born on November 14, 1948 at the residence of the royal family – at Buckingham Palace. The photograph of Queen Elizabeth II holds a prince after the rite of baptism, which took place on December 15. During the rite of infant dipped into the water taken from the Jordan River.
16. Full name sounded like the Prince of Wales Charles Philip Arthur George. He became the first contender for the royal throne, born in “violation” of the age-old tradition: this time at royal births had the honor to attend the Minister of Internal Affairs. Innovations that accompanied the life of Charles, on this one, however, did not end: it was the first crown prince, who was sent to the school (until his young monarchs were taught at home) and the first to receive a university degree.
17. Prince brought up the nurse because my mother, in the words of Charles ‘more’ played the Queen “…
18. September 1950, Elizabeth and son Charles.
19. The Royal Family, August 1951. From left to right, Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Margaret, the Duke of Edinburgh, King George and Princess Elizabeth (the future Queen Elizabeth II), as well as a little princess Anna in a baby carriage. The following year, 1952, Princess Elizabeth became Queen of the United Kingdom.
20. Caregivers are not too spoiled heir: for offense … it simply flogged.
22. Elizabeth with young Charles and Anna.
23. Queen with her son Charles and daughter, Anna, in 1954.
24. Charles with his sister and parents.
25. Prince Charles.
26. At 9 years old prince was sent to a posh private school Hill House, where, according to tradition, students of blue-blooded aground yard and washing the floors. No exception was made for the king’s son. In the photo Prince introduces mom with classmates and teachers.
27. By the way, a little Charles did not like school, and the matter went to a friend once complained to classmates who are “in the night they beat him with a pillow.”
28. Its exclusivity Charles for a long time did not understand: once heard, both in public worship prayers are offered for the queen-mother and him as the heir, the prince said: “I would like them to pray, and for the other boys, too.”
29. At the wedding of Princess Margaret, in 1960.
30. September 1960, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, along with their children, Prince Andrew (center), Princess Anne (left) and Charles, Prince of Wales near Balmoral Castle in Scotland. The husband of Queen Victoria bought Balmoral Castle in 1846. Queen Victoria often visited Scotland with his family, especially after the death of her husband in 1861, and still Balmoral is a favorite destination of the royal family. (Photo by Keystone / Getty Images).