BMW at the 65th Frankfurt Auto Show
From 12 to 22 September 2013 in Frankfurt kicked off the 65th International Motor Show. A couple of days earlier – September 10 and 11 show opened its doors for the press.
1. Contrary to the predictions of all the sites “weather” that promised rain – Frankfurt greeted us with a warm sun and wind.
2. On arrival we stayed in an amazing location – Frankfurt Square Airport. A marvel of modern engineering.
3. The construction of 660 meters long and 65 wide, 9 floors, was built from 2006 to 2011 directly to the existing railway station. The powerful combination of steel, glass and concrete – it is one of the symbols of modern Frankfurt.
4. Auto Show takes place in a huge exhibition center Messe Frankfurt – it is the largest exhibition center, which is among the top three in the world. It consists of 10 large pavilions, as well as building a skyscraper-modern complex and Messeturm Forum. Square, which hosts exhibitions, is 578,000 square meters.
5. First we went on a tour of the company booth BMW. The friendly girl at the entrance gave us a special “ausvays” – document entitling to go to the territory of the complex.
6. September 12th through these checkpoints will be thousands of visitors.
7. We went up to the top floor of the pavilion 11, from which opened an interesting view on the morning city.
8. The presentation of the BMW began in the morning.
9. Having taken place in the hall, we have witnessed an incredible and well-prepared show. Lights, music, cars, lasers, quadrocopter – stunningly beautiful and magical.
10. Gradually, the car behind the car, scene by scene, view the submission – we are “acquainted” with the full range of BMW.
11. By the way, all controlled by a show like these consoles by several operators. It is very difficult, but interesting work.
12. Clippers MINI – a brand that was revived and is growing by the company BMW.
13. Series M – machines that develops a subsidiary of BMW – BMW M GmbH (also known as M-Technik or just «M» (from Motors). Was established in May 1972 to support the racing program BMW, which in the 1960s and 1970s th year was very successful.
14. And this – the new BMW X5 eDrive with electric motor!
15. Subject electric – one of the main companies in the BMW. Series BMW i3 – the representatives of the new design direction of the company, aimed at saving energy and saving the environment.
16. The long-awaited premiere – a serial electric supercar BMW i8.
17. Beauty and aggression. By the way, the headlamps – “laser”.
18. And under the hood – 362-hp powerplant, which allows you to accelerate the car “to a hundred” in just 4.4 seconds.
19. Power reserve BMW i8 is 500 kilometers.
20. After the show, we moved to the BMW stand
22. The first thing that you notice it – BMW i3. On this machine is worth discussing in more detail. BMW i3 – the quintessence of the concept of eco-friendly brand.
23. Thanks to this composition shows the internal structure of the car – note that the electric vehicle chassis is made of aluminum and carbon-fiber cabin.
24. Another interesting fact – the Leipzig plant, which collects i3, receives electricity from wind turbines. The plant itself uses to run on 50% less energy than the average production of BMW.
25. As representatives of the company – in this machine uses all known technologies of energy efficiency and energy conservation.
26. And BMW i3 is revolutionary not only the engine but also the interior. Many elements of decoration – the “friendly to the environment,” and partly of recycled materials.
27. Devices and a central display as it flew over the driver. In i3 has an integrated SIM-card, USB and Bluetooth system and BMW ConnectedDrive.
28. Under the hood – a tool box and charging. The electric motor of 170 hp set back. The maximum speed is limited to 150 km / h (power saving).
29. Along the entire BMW stand held a special track, which you can try out the new product. And we rolled:
During the trip, the car is surprisingly quiet.
30. Another new product on the stand: BMW Active Tourer Outdoor.
31. The model is designed for people who love outdoor activities. Hatchback equipped with a special attachment for the two bikes. A very interesting machine. In looking forward to the production version.
32. After studying Active Tourer we went on to study stand. As without motorcycles BMW?
33. Brand new X5.
34. Elegant and dynamic sixth series.
35. Bimbo “chetverochka.”
36. And its a sports version.
37. Look inside this handsome.
38. The third series
40. For fans of the brand – gifts with company logo BMW.
41. And a bicycle with an electric motor that draws attention to the brand and of the lovers of cycling trips.
42. A little later, we were able to talk with Karim Habib, chief designer of BMW, maker of the latest generation 7 Series. He spoke about the great work being done by the designers of the brand on each element of the machine and revealed the secret of his favorite design element BMW – it turned out the taillights of the new X5. But to name a specific “pet” among cars in general Karim could not – all the machines for him as children. He now drives a Coupe 4-series.
43. After the BMW stand we went to the side of the MINI, which was decorated in their trademark style NOTNORMAL.
45. Individual car – this is one of the foundations of MINI. Note the variety of items that you can use to create your own MINI.
47. Anders Warming, chief designer of MINI, told us about the ideas and traditions that underlie the design of this brand. This is the first MINI to get 3 basic elements of design – the “body” of the car, windows and roof! The roof of a MINI – a full member of the appearance, as well as others.
48. Thanking Anders for a great story, we went to the booth Rolls-Royce – a brand that has got to BMW in 1998.
49. Should I say something about this brand? Luxury and expensive cars.
50. By the way, in 2011 set a record for sales in history – 3538 cars.
51. Another interesting detail – the steering wheel of the Rolls-Royce is very thin. A tradition.
52. BMW booth was one of the most interesting and very informative.
53. After the dealership we got a pleasant surprise – a trip on the sixth series of cars: BMW 6 coupe, convertible and coupe grand.
54. Although it is not summer weather, we could not help lay the roof convertible.
56. Journey through the German Autobahn – that is the real treat for lovers of quality, manageability and speed of BMW.
57. Interesting and beautiful places we have met along the way.
58. Can you guess the speed with which we race on the roads of Germany?
60. Thank you for the wonderful hospitality of the city Frankfurt, thank you, BMW for a great tour of the world of cars and car of the future!