This week at Whipsnade Zoo – the largest in the UK – takes weighing all the inhabitants. A little earlier the same procedure carried out at the London Zoo.
We have put together interesting photographs showing the different ways of weighing animals of different sizes.
1. Newborn baby with mother
2. That’s already grown up babies weighed Red Pandas.
3. Annual weighing animals at the London Zoo.
4. Penguins curiously lined up. Last seems to ask, “What gives?”
5. Frog in the balance, right, “the princess”.
6. Another frog, not so satisfied
8. Weighing snake
9. The process of determining the parameters of the Tiger
10. Bulky camel in the balance
11. These rodents are weighed probably only in pairs
12. And for monkeys is great fun
13. Shrewd owl
14. For insects have special scales
15. Weighing giraffe handy man
16. Weighing leopard kitten
17. “Little” rhino
18. And the baby hippo