Life of the most interesting animals from all over the world. 23 November 2016.
1. The holiday was a success. (Photo by Linda Davidson):
2. Not so long ago, one of the most extraordinary wedding was the wedding couple from Moscow, who invited as a registrar huge brown bear named Stepan. He was, as expected, came to the wedding of a well-groomed, and even put on a black tie. (Photo Olga Barantseva):
4. Faster birds. The fastest bird in the world is the peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus), and in a diving capable of speeds over 322 km / h or 90 m / s. But in horizontal flight it overtake martins: the record is black swift (Apus Apus) with documented speed of 111 km / h.
Previously it was thought that these are the highest figures for vertebrates in horizontal flight. However, experts from the University of Tennessee found a new leader : they were Brazilian tailed (Tadarida brasiliensis) – bats up to 9 cm, living in the southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean Islands, in the central part of Chile and Argentina.
In the study, seven were strengthened tailed radio transmitters to track their location and frequency sweeps of the wings. Six participants in the experiment during level flight accelerated to a speed of over 100 km / h, and a demonstrated record of 160 km / h.
Some biologists do not agree with the conclusions of the authors. They believe that the study contains inaccuracies: in particular, the wind speed was recorded. Meanwhile, it is the rapid movement of air streams could provide the bats rapid flight.
5. Riders. Jakarta, Indonesia. (Photo Tanto Yensen):
6. mushroom pickers. Little owl among the mushrooms in the woods in Yorkshire, United Kingdom November 4, 2016. (Photo by Jed Wee):
7. Family conversation. (Photo by Daniel Reinhardt):
8. Bros. Yes, a little hairy. (Photo: Petr David Josek):
9. Never give up. The network of fishermen from Cape Town was 500-pound predator – gray short-tailed shark. Together, they managed to pull back into the water. (Photo by Chris and Monique Fallows):
10. The most devoted in the world of penguins. Penguin, received the nickname Dindo was found 71-year-old Brazilian João Pereira de Souza on the cliffs near Rio de Janeiro in 2011. The bird was smeared with oil and could not move. All she had left – it slowly and painfully dying of hunger.
The Brazilian has brought a penguin home , where carefully laundered oil. For a whole week he fed Dindima fish, and then, when the birds have health is not threatened, João tried to let her go free. Penguin did not agree with this decision and continued to live with a man. Only when his tail is completely changed (it took 11 months), Dindo departed.
A new meeting was held on the beach in a few months: seeing their savior, penguin followed him again for some time remained “at a party.” Since then, Dindo annually sails to João in June, leaving it in February. Scientists believe that it floats in the habitat of the remaining relatives – on the coast of Argentine Patagonia, lies at a distance of 5000-8000 thousands of kilometers from Rio.
11. flew. Big white goose in Frankfurt, Germany. (Photo by Michael Probst):
12. erect hair. Bornean orangutan – an endangered species. Living in nature only on the island of Borneo. (Photo by Jon Nazca | Reuters):
13. Fireflies in Mexico. The glow in fireflies is used for communication between individuals. (Photo by Rebecca Blackwell):
14. Rider, Hungary. (Photo by Laszlo Balogh | Reuters):
15. According to the law of Archimedes, after a hearty dinner relies sleep. Leopard in the Masai Mara, Kenya. (Photo by Goran Tomasevic | Reuters):
16. A skilled fisherman, Alaska. (Photo by Kevin Farrell):
17. I love my horse. Oban, Scotland. (Photo by Jeff J Mitchell):
18. The oldest manatee in the world. Manatees – genus of large aquatic mammals. They live in shallow water in Africa and America, from the Caribbean coast to Florida. Animals are born with a weight of about 30 kg, the adult specimens reaching 400-550 kg, with an average length of 2.8 to 3.0 m. They feed on these giant aquatic vegetation.
On average, manatees live about 40 years, but in the wild they rarely step over 10 years of age: the threats are algal blooms and reducing the range of human activities. In addition, many manatees are injured by motor boat propellers. They also often ingest fishing gear that kills the animal inside.
Manatee named Snuti living in the US city of Bradenton – the elderly representative of its kind in the world (68 years). He was born July 21, 1948 in the aquarium in Miami. Subsequently, the baby was transferred to the Aquarium South Florida Museum in Bradenton, and has since remained there – the only change is the capacity, which relocated the growing animal.
19. The world’s oldest cat named Natmeg. Animal nicknamed Natmeg appeared in the family in 1990. He picked up as a homeless person, and brought to the vet. According to the doctor estimated that if the cat was about 5 years old. Recently, the family said the 31-th birthday of your pet.
20. Snout. This device in the smartest animal is in nature to break up the ground in search of food. (Photo by Michael Probst):
21. Good night. 5-week-white lion. More precisely, the lioness. (Photo: Attila Balazs):