Well, it’s time to get acquainted with the largest, rare, and most importantly – the most expensive “friends” in the world. These stones are like the whole city, and distinguished not only for its fabulous prices, but also the incredible colors, impeccable form and rich history. Ehhh … no harm in dreaming.
1. Diamond “Pink Star” at Sotheby’s in London. This pink diamond in 59.60 carats, which is considered the most expensive of all that has ever been exhibited in the auction. November 13 this year in Geneva diamond sold for a record $ 83 million dollars. (Andy Rain / EPA)
2. Bright blue diamond of 10.48 carats at an auction in Geneva. Diamond was auctioned off for U.S. $ 10,860,000 Nov. 14, 2012. This is a new record for a blue diamond. (Dominic Favre / EPA)
3. White diamond ring with a 52.82 carat at Sotheby’s April 12, 2010 in London. The ring was sold in Geneva on May 11, 2010 for 8,553,345 $. (Dan Kitwood / Getty Images)
4. Employee of the auction house Sotheby’s holds the world’s largest white diamond in oval 118.28 carats. It was sold in Hong Kong October 7, 2013 for 30.8 million dollars. (Peter Macdiarmid / Getty Images)
5. Flawless Annenberg Diamond in 32.01 carat ring, framed by two diamond-shaped pearls weighing 1.5 and 1.61 carats. Ring took in 7.7 million dollars. (Michael Nagle / Getty Images)
6. Pink diamond at 24.78 carats at an auction in Geneva on 10 November 2010. Six days later, this diamond ring went for $ 46,158,674. (Valentin Flauraud / Reuters)
7. “Orange” – a bright orange pear-shaped diamond weighing 14.82 carats. The largest of the famous orange diamonds in the world was sold in Geneva for $ 36 million.
8. Josephine Johnson, manager of the jewelry company from Rio, holding red diamond – one of the rarest in the world. Diamond, dubbed “Phoenix”, was sold for $ 2 million. He was found in Western Australia. (David Gray / Reuters)
9. Flawless bright blue diamond of 7.59 carats in at auction in New York. It is the world’s largest blue diamond round, which was approved by the Gemological Institute of America. Its going to sell for 19 million dollars at auction in Hong Kong, but he did not find a buyer. (AP, Reuters)
10. This pink diamond 12.76 carats – the largest of the rare precious stones ever found in Australia. It was discovered in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, and its cut in Perth took 10 days. (Rio Tinto / AFP – Getty Images)
11. Ring with white diamonds in 19.72 carats from the famous jewelry house “Tiffany”. He was part of a collection of jewelry that belonged to the late American heiress Doris Duke tobacco magnate. The ring was sold for 1.2 million dollars at auction in Rome. (Pier Paolo Cito / AP)
12. This rare pink diamond nicknamed “Prince”. It was sold for 39.3 million dollars to an anonymous buyer at Christie’s auction April 16, 2013 in New York. So he came in second place in the list of most expensive diamond sold at auction. (AP)
13. Yellow diamond 110.03 carats. This is the brightest color gemstone. Stone on the photo became the world’s largest yellow diamond was sold at auction for more than $ 10.9 million. (Anja Niedringhaus / AP)
14. One of the largest diamond ever found in the auction house Sotheby’s. This stone should be kept only with gloves. Due to its perfection and color, it is one of the most valuable in the world. Weight – 103.83 carats. At the auction, intending to sell it for $ 36 million. (John Stillwell / AP)
15. This pear-shaped diamond in 35 carat Marie de Medici wore during his coronation in 1610.
He went for 9.7 million dollars at auction in Geneva on May 15, 2012. Stone was named Beau Sancy di – in honor of the collector of gems Nicolas de Sancy Arly, who bought it in Constantinople at the end of the XVI century. He passed from generation to generation in the royal families of England, France, Prussia and the Netherlands has witnessed 400 years of European history. (AFP – Getty Images)